My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Bashful Moon Visits Venus & Jupiter

IMG_1105_cp_sml

On Sunday, the young crescent Luna jumped above the horizon to join Venus and Jupiter, whose close conjunction was already in progress. It was a bit hazy in Tualatin, with some sunlit clouds giving the Moon something to hide behind. This helped equalize the exposure for the planets, showing them as bright sky beacons through the haze.

(Click on the image for a bigger view, or click here for the full-res version.)

On Monday, the Moon snuggled up even closer to the planets, but unfortunately Tualatin was socked in with clouds. Oh well; I enjoyed my Sunday show nonetheless! :-)

No comments: