My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Heron' There

IMG_0944_cpcfcp2_sml

One disadvantage of having a boss whose office is in a different building is that you have to walk five minutes to get to his location for staff meetings. But when you work for a company that has a pond in the middle of its campus, you sometimes encounter amazing wildlife along the way.

In this case, it was Blue Heron perched on the handrail of a picturesque walkway. Unfortunately, I did not have my DSLR with me, but I did have my handy iPhone. As I watched, he (she?) became distracted by a nearby goose call, and sprang away from the railing.

IMG_0945_cpcfshcp_sml

His/her destination was the pond grasses to the left in this photo:

IMG_0947_cf_sml

Every once in awhile, I'm just blown away at the privilege of working amid such incredible surroundings! :-)

No comments: