My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Saturday, March 24, 2012

March of the Snowflakes

IMG_5640_sml

Last Thursday, we had a surprise March snowstorm in the "banana belt" of Tualatin. Certainly, these winter camellia blossoms did not expect it.

Maisy, on the other hand, took it well in stride:

IMG_5654_sml

Two days later, it was a balmy spring day. The only tangible memory of snow was photographs, an occasional not-yet-fully-melted snowman, and some trees damaged by the heavy wet snow which combined gravitational forces with spring blossoms.

All in all, March is living up to its reputation as a month of unsettled weather. And, it only has a few days left to go "out like a lamb." :-)

No comments: