My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Father's Day Flight

Last Friday, David took me on a Father's Day flight, where we got to do the maneuvers and such that I had always heard about, but had never experienced personally: stalls, lazy eights, tight turns, short landings, etc. I even got to take the controls for quite a awhile -- not for the fancy maneuvers of course -- but I was able to make some 360-degree turns, altitude changes, etc. while at the same time scanning the sky for obstructing traffic.

During times I was not in "control" of the Cessna 206, I shot some photos, naturally. Most of them were the ordinary mountain vista pictures, but here is a fun one that's a favorite of mine:

IMG_5639a

In the cropped version, you can see the reflection a bit better:

IMG_5639b_cp

If you want to see the rest of the "ordinary" photos, click here for a slideshow.

No comments: