My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Saturday, May 17, 2008

Carnival Rides

Every year on the weekend nearest May 5th -- Cinco de Mayo -- Portland hosts a carnival on the waterfront. Coincidentally, Kathy and I (with Marybeth and Amanda) visited Saturday Market, which was adjacent to the carnival.

Although the rides looked stable and well-constructed, I thought it would be interesting to post an impressionistic view of the Portland Cinco de Mayo carnival's Merry-Go-Round, reflected in the windows of the Portland Fire Bureau:



Click on the picture to bring up the larger size, then ask yourself if those supporting struts are sturdy enough, or not. :-)

It was warm as Kathy and I strolled along the waterfront, making it tempting to join these children in the Fountain:



But we resisted, and stayed dry. :-)

No comments: