My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Sunday, May 18, 2008

Common View of Mt. Hood, Made Uncommon

This is one of my favorite shots of Mount Hood, partly because it's different than the bazillion other shots I've taken of that familiar Oregon landmark:



Another reason I like it: Tualatin residents see it frequently as they approach the freeway from the west. But, with the busy-ness of getting from "here" to "there," it usually gets lost among the overload of other visual stimuli. It takes a strategically-aimed telephoto to eliminate distractions and reveal the mountain's beauty behind the chaos of late-afternoon hurried drivers.

3 comments:

Linda Kinney said...

The photo of Mt.Hood reminds me of beautiful symmetrical Mt.St.Helens, which I could see every clear morning pre-1980 as I rounded the Terwilliger Curve towards Portland. I never dreamed it would be so rudely disrupted!

photojhh said...

I think I have a bunch of photos of the pre-eruption Mt. St. Helens. Maybe I'll dig one out and post it, for old times' sake.

There is one thing I can't match though: Kathy's dad and her brother climbed Mt. St. Helens. Then can envision the solid-feeling rocks they felt under their feet and hands, now spread throughout Eastern Washington as fine ash.

photojhh said...

Oops. I meant to say, "THEY can envision the solid-feeling rocks...."