My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Friday, May 23, 2008

Glorious Views

Many of you have seen photos from my recent Egypt trip:

But most of you have not seen any of the shots from the air, captured during the journey there and back. I won't bore you with the ordinary ones -- at least not yet. :-)

But here are some views that you don't see every day.

The slideshow starts with a contrail -- we're about to fly through it -- you can see the contrail and its shadow below, both in the same shot.

Then, we move to the title shot for this blog entry: the Glory, which is the rainbow effect around an airplane's shadow. (You can read more about it here.)

Lastly, there are two views of Chicago from the air. The first one is ordinary, but the second one is a hyperstereophotograph -- a 3D picture taken with an image separation much larger than the normal 2.5 inches between our eyes. Of course, you'll need your red-cyan glasses to see the 3D picture. What, you don't have any? You can get them here. (Let me know if you do get some, and I'll post more 3D shots from the air. Mountains, in particular, are interesting.)

Anyway, here is a slideshow of the photos:



If you would like to see larger versions, here is a full-window view.

No comments: