My photo
This is my photographer’s blog, for your consideration. I post some of my favorite shots here, usually along with some comments about how the photo was taken or post-processed. (Occasionally I have the vain thought that someone might like to read about that.)

If you like what you see here, feel free to check out my Flickr site and YouTube channel.

Friday, May 16, 2008

Rainbow on the ground

Here is something you don't see every day: a rainbow on the ground:



Last Sunday Kathy and I dragged Marybeth and Amanda on a Mother's Day trip to the Columbia Gorge. At the time we happened to be at the Crown Point Vista House, a rainstorm blew in from the north, inspiring the rainbow to make an appearance. You can see that bigger context here:



By the way, this was the same vantage point where we could see snow on the low-lying hills -- in May!

No comments: